Friends of Zug Castle
Friends of Zug Castle
In its permanent and special exhibitions, the Museum Burg Zug offers its visitors exhibitions on a variety of themes, accompanied by a calendar of events, a range of guided tours, special events and workshops for children and schools as well as a programme of seasonal events. This makes the Museum and important part of the lively atmosphere and attractive cultural life of Zug.
In order to continue its work, the Museum Burg Zug depends on subsidies, for instance from the Friends of Zug Castle, its main patron. Become a Friend of Zug Castle to support the cultural life of Zug and to preserve the city's cultural heritage.
The Friends of Zug Castle association has just under 200 members of all alges, most of whom live in Canton Zug and surrounding areas and are interested in history and culture. On joint excursions to all kinds of places they enjoy spending time together and chatting about their historical and cultural knowledge.
The board members are:
Vreny Landtwing-Gschwend, cashier
Judith Müller, president
(from left to right)
- Saturday, 25th June | 8 am to 6.45 pm: Excursion Friends of Zug Castle: "Magic from eight centuries on Lake Thun". A visit to Oberhofen Castle and the old town of Thun incl. Schlossberg.
For more information, see here | Registration to Judith Müller, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, 30th June | 2 pm to 3 pm: Stammtisch – A look behind the scenes of the Museum Burg Zug: Lecture and informal get-together:
Guided tour by Dr Marco Sigg through the depot rooms of the Maria Opferung Monastery project.
The aim of the project is to include monastic objects in the collection of the Zug Castle Museum. Dr. Marco Sigg will lead the tour and present the project. Meeting point at 2 pm in front of the entrance to the former emergency centre in the former Zug Cantonal Hospital, Artherstrasse, Zug. The lecture will last about 30 minutes, after which there will be an opportunity to stroll into the Museum Burg Zug and sit together comfortably over a coffee.
- Thursday, 29th September | 2 pm to 3 pm: Stammtisch - A look behind the scenes of the Museum Burg Zug: Lecture and informal get-together
- Thursday, 5th January 2023 | 2 pm to 3 pm: Stammtisch - A look behind the scenes of the Museum Burg Zug: Lecture and informal get-together
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Museum Burg Zug reserves the right to cancel events at short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
Become a Friend of Zug Castle
Would you like to become a member und support the Museum Burg Zug?
- Free admission to all exhibitions and public guided tours
- Discounts at special events and on publications
- Personal invitations to the opening of all special exhibitions
- Information and invitations to all events
- Invitations to different excursions tracing the history of Zug
- Unique insights into the museum and its collections
- A guided tour of the storage facilities of the Museum Burg Zug
Annual membership fees:
- Individual membership: CHF 50
- Couple membership: CHF 75
- Junior membership (16 to 25 years): CHF 20
- Corporate membership: CHF 250
- Excursion of the Friends of Zug Castle to Solothurn, Annual Excursion 2019, 01/09/2019
- The Friends of Zug Castle went on an excursion to Bellinzona, Zuger Zeitung, 08/09/2017
- In the footsteps of Wilhelm Tell: the Friends of Zug Castle excursion to Altdorf, Zuger Zeitung, 20/09/2018
- For an unabridged report on the 2018 excursion go to: In the footsteps of Wilhelm Tell, Landtwing Vreny, 20/09/2018